ASD Living Learning Community
The Residence staff has collaborated with Access and Support Centre (ASC) at Durham College to develop a program designed for students who identify as being on the autism spectrum, who would like assistance in their ongoing transition into college life.
The program is entitled ASD Living Learning Community. Various programs will be offered throughout the year and by enrolling in this program, you will develop skills in the following areas:
- Cooking skillsSocial skills
- Anger management skills and much more…
All of this is taught through individualized success coaching and group work with an emphasis on relationships and life skills. This will be organized through ongoing support in a patient and reassuring environment.
Join us in Residence for academic readiness and social connectedness.
If you would like to join the ASD Living Learning Community please make sure you do the following:
- Register as a new student with ASC at Durham College
- E-mail the following information to Jaclyn O'Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org - please include "ASD Application" in the subject line:
- First & Last Name
- Student number
- Year of study (ie. First year, second year, etc.)
- PLEASE NOTE: Upon completion of your application, the Residence will share your information with ASC at Durham College to confirm your eligibility for the program.